Identifying Barcode Types

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM

I need to identify what type of barcode was scanned.  I have three different types that should be scanned, UPC-A, EAN-13, and ITF.  Depending on the type, I'm removing some numbers from the beginning and/or end to successfully search our product database for products.  I know zxing has the capability of returning the type.  I'm using it for our Android app.  It doesn't look like this library has that capability yet.

Currently, I'm attempting to loop through the three types enabling one after the other and then scanning the captured image again.  This process has performance issues and is proving to be pretty buggy.

Mar 28, 2014 at 4:26 AM
Edited May 31, 2015 at 5:45 AM
Windows Phone 7 Silverlight ZXing Barcode Scanning Library
I know this barcode library is used for Windows Phone and Silverlight applications.
I am downloading and installing it now be back after i use it. Hope it was the apps i've been looking.

Best regards,
Susanna
Apr 4, 2014 at 3:55 AM
Hi Nertner,

I was doing a barcode research, and found this to be a pretty good barcode scanner, as it proves to be scanning more accurately and efficiently compared with some other readers I evaluated. And most importantly, it supports reading all the three barcode types you mentioned here. Have a try!
Jun 5, 2014 at 2:48 AM
.net barcode reader library support over a hundred barcode type recognition