Automatic Capture

Nov 7, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Hi,

I was just trying out the newest version of PhraseMeme Scanner that uses Mango for automated barcode capture.

Now that this is released do you plan to add this to the project's source?

Otherwise, I think I can infer what you're doing but feel free to correct me. It seems like you are calling Focus() on the camera every 2 seconds or so and then sending the result of one the GetPreviewBuffer methods into the ZXing library. I haven't looked enough at the library to know which of those preview methods is needed but hopefully that didn't cause you too many issues.

It'd be great to hear about how you extended the functionality for Mango. Its a great app!

Tom

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Hi,

I agree! I tested the latest version of PhraseMeme Scanner too. On Mango it works great. Since I plan to develop a little application (at first only for my personal use; I don´t know if I´ll put it on Marketplace later on) I also would greatly appreciate if ZXing library would support direct scanning of barcodes.

Regards,

Sebastian

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Someone might have posted this earlier but this shows how quite simple automatic capture is

http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Inside+Windows+Phone/Inside-Windows-Phone-16-Mango-Camera-APIs